How to Sponsor one of our loving dogs until we find it a home
The cost of rescue
In the shelters it costs an average of $100 to provide care for a pet while s/he waits for a home. Because it costs less to euthanize pets than it does to care for them, under-funded shelters are often forced to make hard decisions affecting good pets. This is where BARK Animal Rescue, Inc steps in.
Unfortunately the cost of rescue is high. While shelters have in-house vets, wholesale supplies and training resources, our volunteer programs have none of these.
A typical rescue in our program costs the following:
- Shelter Pull Fee - $80xszzzz
- Spay/Neuter - $55
- DHLPP/Bordatella/Dewormer/Rabies/Heartworm Testing: - $55
- Microchip - $20
- Food (monthly) - $40
- Flea Prevention (monthly) - $20
- Foster set up (leash, collar, tag, bowls, toys) as needed - $25
- Training/Aids (clickers, training halters, training treats) as needed - $25
- The smile on a rescue's face in their new home - $priceless
The first month that a dog is in our program can cost us $250. Subsequent months until the rescue is adopted can cost us up to $100/month - and this is for the healthy dogs in our program! Many times we are called by the shelters for dogs with medical issues that they are unwilling to fund. These costs are above and beyond those cited above.
This is where you step in. You can choose to help sponsor one rescue in our program from entry to adoption. We have a number of sponsorship opportunities for you. All sponsorships earn you an emailed certificate of appreciation with a photo of your sponsored dog noting your generosity as well as your name on the adoptable dogs page showing your connection to your chosen sponsor.Core sponsorship (one time donations) shelter: $75 one time donation pays shelter fee and foster set up
snip: $55 one time donation pays spay/neuter
shots: $50 one time donation pays annual shots and microchipping
Monthly sponsorships Full Four Paw sponsorship = food + flea prevent + heartworm preventative + treats and toys = $100
- 1 paw - $25 pays food for 1 month
- 2 paws - $50 pays above plus monthly flea prevention and grooming
- 3 paws - $75 pays above plus heartworm prevention
- 4 paws - $100 pays above plus new bedding, treats and toys and any unexpected vet costs